Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Candidate will be an individual contributor overseeing US Commercial sales performing journal entries, account reconciliations, forecasting, variance analyisis and ad-hoc analytics as required by Management. Candidate will play a critical role in monthly actuals and LBE forecasting processes interacting with both Finance Management as well as cross-functional stakeholders across the US Commercial organization.
- Responsible for financial planning, reporting and analysis.
- Prepares financial plans and forecasts based on performance expectations.
- Gathers and publishes financial information related to historical, current and future performance.
- Performs financial analysis utilizing appropriate financial concepts and techniques.
- Recommends alternative courses of action.
- Develop detailed financial forecasts incorporating historic, trended and current business information.
- Monitor functional and departmental spending versus budget by highlighting material variances using system generated detail and trend reports.
- Prepare journal entries and assist in month end close as needed to ensure proper accounting at the functional and departmental level.
- Prepare and distribute financial reports and packages by gathering and analyzing information related to current performance.
- Prepare sensitivity analysis impact on revenue, expenses and profitability by modeling changes in key variables.
- Develop and utilize sound financial processes.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks.
- May demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined projects.
- Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Works under general supervision.
- Receives limited supervision on standard issues, and detailed instructions on new assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING Required
- Bachelors Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 4 years combined experience in financial planning and analysis.
- CPA or MBA
To apply for this job please visit abbott.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.