Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager – Alameda, CA
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, our Manager of FP&A will support the US Commercial Business Unit, while reporting to the Business Unit Controller. This role is responsible for the creation and maintenance of annual budgets and periodic forecast updates. Provide financial analysis and support to operating managers on strategic planning, budgeting and operations planning, performance monitoring and variance analysis. Assist in financial evaluation of future business opportunities. Perform ROI and payback analysis on new products and major capital expenditures. Manage internal investor relations function.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of the Quality Policy through daily activities.
- Maintain vigilance to ensure adherence to the Quality Policy and system procedures by promptly reporting non-compliance issues to management Prioritize compliance to the QSR through ongoing support and communication of the Quality Policy.
- Establishing clear measurable goals for subordinates, and ensuring prompt corrective action for any noncompliance issues raised by subordinates.
- Prepares Plans, Updates, LBEs, LRPs and Monthly Reporting that meet timing and quality of presentation requirements, facilitating management review and decision making while ensuring integrity of the data and compliance with GAAP as well as Abbotts operating policies.
- Quality includes no omissions that could have been foreseen through reasonable internal review and relevant management reviews.
- Develop and maintain a finance organization capable of meeting Division and Corporate requirements.
- Provide financial counsel and oversight for acquisitions, alliances and other strategic programs, including ad hoc analysis and decision support to all functions as needed.
- Develop system solutions and process improvements that meet Planning and Reporting requirements.
- Provide financial analysis and support to operating managers on strategic planning, budgeting and operations planning, performance monitoring and variance analysis, inaccurate or incomplete information could result in financial exposure to the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Min. of 5 years’ Financial analysis experience. Manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems
- Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Advanced level degree in business or finance
- Experience with Essbase a plus
To apply for this job please visit abbott.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.