Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Manager of FP&A in Abbott Diabetes Care (ADC) Division Headquarters Capability Center (DHQ) is the key finance business partner to Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) and Exec mgmt., central leader in coordinating total ADC financial planning activities for balance sheet, cash flow and capital, working in close partnership with the Assistant Division Controller, and leader that has a deep commitment to the development and care of our pipeline of finance talent.
- Inspire a team of 2 analysts to do their best work every day by creating an environment where they are cared for, challenged, held accountable, developed through formal development plans and real time feedback, and have effective work/life integration based on what works for each person.
- Partners with GSM & DHQ Exec Mgmt to:
- Develop quarterly rolling forecasts (Latest Best Estimates) and quarterly confirmations, capturing and monitoring the key performance indicators to deliver accurate forecasts
- Deliver timely monthly performance monitoring and variance analysis reporting, working with shared service accounting
- Support reporting on key product launches and competitor analysis for reporting to Corporate (e.g. Investor Relations)
- Collaborate with FP&A leadership (e.g. Global Commercial, WW Operations, etc.) on balance sheet, cash flow and capital to:
- Create and/or distribute all division-level templates, schedules, packages, instructions/guidelines and calendars in coordination with Medical Device Division and Corp FP&A
- Ensure alignment of expectations of all deliverables through various modes of clear communication (e.g. kick off meetings, deck expectations meetings, post review debriefs, deliverable checklists, minutes templates, concise email explanations etc.)
- Consolidate financial information, managing and utilizing shared service accounting (Genpact/Hub) where possible
- Tell the story of what is driving the business in an easy to follow narrative by understanding the key drivers of the businesses and incorporating answers to anticipated questions
- Analyze financials to discover trends, data anomalies, deviations, opportunities, and risks, and provide strategies for improvement
- Perform ROI and payback analysis on major capital expenditures
- Partner as an advisor from our DHQ Finance Analytics COE to achieve economies of expertise by providing experience and insight to provide support services:
- Partner with division cross-functional finance teams to utilize their intimate knowledge of the business and our capability expertise to tackle projects, analyze problems from multiple perspectives, and identify trends
- Facilitate the sharing of policy updates and best practices on what works and what doesn’t which can help provide a baseline of stability through consistency
- Use input from other functions and business units to learn their best practices, remain in sync with corporate finance strategy and help drive continuous improvement as a core competency
- Act as the ADC Essbase (Dodeca) liaison, coordinating submissions and system updates with MDD systems team
- Promote and deliver an environment of continuous improvement, allowing us to stay current and relevant to scale with the organization
- Strive for 100% accuracy/timeliness/gratifying ownership and drive through our team as foundational to our DHQ brand, credibility, and integrity
- Perform and/or coordinate ad hoc analyses (such as forecast scenarios), post review action items and answers to questions for Division Controller, upper-level management, MDD and Corporate
- Lead with conviction, be a committed work in process (self-development) and help drive the DHQ leadership team forward by championing the vision of an Analytics COE, challenging norms, and developing and advocating team growth initiatives – ultimately leaving DHQ better then when you were welcomed into the family
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years finance/accounting experience. Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems. Highly proficient in Excel.
- Manufacturing and Healthcare experience a plus.
- Experience with Essbase (Dodeca) and SAP a plus
To apply for this job please visit abbott.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.