Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Manager Financial Planning and Analysis – Worldwide Ops and Quality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsible for coordinating and consolidating the annual budgets, periodic forecast updates (LBEs) and month-end closes for ADC Worldwide Operations and Quality. Provide financial analysis and other ad hoc support to support the forecasting process, management requests and Division/Corporate requirements. Will serve as the main point of contact for sites and Division and will also manage a Financial Analyst (FPDP).
- Coordinate all planning activities for all sites, including establishing calendars and clearly indicating timeline deliverables to ensure all Division due dates are met.
- Forecasting will include product costing, overhead/departmental spending, capital and Balance Sheet.
- Will identify opportunities to improve efficiencies within the LBE processes to reduce/minimize non-value added activities.
- Coordinate the month-end close and Confirmation process.
- Will serve as the main contact for all Division requests and updates/loads into the Financial Planning System (DODECA).
- Ensure that Division submissions are consistent with expected rollforward changes, latest month’s actuals and exchange.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of financial analysis experience. Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Experience with Essbase a plus.
To apply for this job please visit abbott.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.