Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart and circulatory system are essential to good health. That’s why at Abbott, we throw our hearts into advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. Abbott Vascular focuses on innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective technologies that can improve the way clinicians treat people with vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
What You’ll Do
The Manager, Global Strategy is responsible for high-quality execution of significant portions of projects that inform and drive critical business decisions, including the development of opportunity assessments, business cases, management presentations, and strategic planning. Success within this position will be achieved through the ability to understand business needs and to develop and communicate strategic insights around these needs. This position will report into our Global Strategy and Insights Team, and work closely with global product marketing, commercial sales, R&D, finance, clinical, business development, and several cross-functional partners. The position is in Santa Clara, California.
- Manage the annual strategic planning process, enhancing our data analytics capabilities and developing financial and resource data analyses to drive the creation and execution of growth strategies at the division and product franchise level. This includes corporate strategy, go-to-market strategy, product strategy, technology/service strategy, white space analyses, and competitive analyses.
Design and execute strategic forecasts, market models, and analyses using scarce data to develop informed and insightful estimates that impact the business. Lay out well-thought-out rationale for key assumptions and inputs. Analyses based on understanding of available research and analytical techniques for both short-term needs and longer-term forecasts and assessments. Exhibit strong analytical and forecasting abilities in breaking down issues and developing solutions.
- Understand market and competitor dynamics to provide expertise on data interpretation for the marketing and commercial organizations. Analyze market segments and companies utilizing multiple information sources (primary and secondary data) to provide actionable business insights.
- Utilize expertise in a variety of qualitative and quantitative primary market research methodologies to design appropriate research and analysis plans and execute research that answers strategic and tactical business questions.
- Develop executive-level presentations to communicate analyses and implications with leadership across the organization.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment in business decisions and strategy development.
- Manage multiple stakeholder “customers” in fast-moving environment to respond to ad-hoc industry analyses in addition to ongoing reporting.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills that are needed to manage projects, vendors on cost, timing, appropriateness of methodology, and actionability of conclusions.
- Display a positive, solutions-based approach to all projects, and work effectively in teams.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4-6 years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in consulting, corporate strategy and/or product marketing in the healthcare field
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships at all levels in an organization and indirectly influencing business decisions
- Ability to distill multiple pieces of qualitative and quantitative information into meaningful storylines, conclusions and recommendations
- Attention to detail while managing competing priorities, tight time pressures, and project budgets
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and project management skills
- Experience in cardiovascular or advanced medical devices preferred
To apply for this job please visit abbott.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.