Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Senior Financial Analyst – Irvine, CA
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in EP/HF, allowing people to restore their health and get on with
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our EP Operations Finance team in the Irvine, CA location. In this role, you will be responsible for the consolidation and reporting of EP monthly results, as well as for budget cycles, and any ad hoc analysis requested from leadership. You will also be responsible for preparing financial presentation content for executive meetings, participate in various projects or tasks, assists with monthly financial closing activities, as well as preparing financial models, ad hoc analysis, and presentations supporting the quarterly LBE (latest best estimate) forecasting cycles.
- Budgeting and forecasting, capital, volume variance, sourcing variance, inventory reval and other facets of the OMC.
- Participates in ad hoc analysis and reporting as required by finance management
- Provides routine reports to leadership
- Works with business partners to consolidate month-end analysis and provide commentary related to the financial close cycle
- Executes annual goals and objectives as defined by the Finance team
- Prepares consolidated reporting, presentations, and analysis
- Complies with regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- 4+ years of experience performing financial and variance analysis, forecasting, planning, and/or financial modeling
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel
- Previous experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with financial systems applications
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Medical device experience
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Dodeca, and/or SAP
To apply for this job please visit abbott.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.