Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Senior Specialist, Pricing. This person will support the execution of ADC’s business strategy and profitability through pricing and contracting activities. They will be responsible for ensuring contracts are consistent with overall pricing strategies that ensure goal achievement, while maximizing, assuring customer satisfaction, meeting legal guidelines, and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. Supervise the contracting team, providing leadership, direction and support for all sales channels.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop payer and provider deal models to assess the implications of deal scenarios on gross to net and support development of business cases for review and approval by the Pricing Committee.
- Responsible for preparing proposals/bids and negotiating contracts in response to sales opportunities to ensure optimal formulary placement. Support the development of competitive and changing marketplace analysis to ensure evolution of contracting approaches in the marketplace to optimize value and business results.
- Lead the prioritization of work across the department, balancing the demand for work against business priorities, risks, strategic growth areas, and resources.
- Responsible for developing creative proposals and contracts for various sales channels, while ensuring contracts meet legal guidelines and maintain the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Develop tools to help guide the commercial teams in developing pricing strategies, implement pricing improvement programs and track impact including scenario impact models on pricing and profitability within identified markets, customers and channels.
- Act as liaison between sales and marketing organization and provide decision support and analysis for pricing initiatives and customer specific strategies.
- Effectively work with all key stakeholders to drive alignment on the pricing strategies and how they impact the business. Develop and implement contract strategy dashboards tracking pricing strategies and business impact.
- Responsible for informing and coordinating with others within Abbott, the terms and conditions within individual contracts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 6 years experience in contracting, pricing, customer relationship management, analysis.
To apply for this job please visit abbott.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.