Website Swing Education
Each day more than 250,000 teachers are absent, but schools are only able to fill 54 percent of those absences. The lack of a teacher has a huge impact on the quality of a student’s education, and on average a child spends almost an entire school year with a substitute teacher. This is a daily struggle for schools and districts across the country who are forced to attempt to solve their high stakes challenge with ineffective, outdated, and piecemeal solutions. This challenge represents a $18b market which quickly grows to $67B when adding other K12 services.
Enter Swing Education: the largest tech-enabled marketplace to help schools and qualified substitute
teachers connect. Swing Education’s mission is to match every school with qualified talent and make
student learning free of interruptions. They make it easy for school administrators to manage their
teacher absences and tap into their network of qualified substitute teachers.
Opportunity for Impact
A YC company, Swing Education has raised from top tier investors including Owl Ventures and GV.
Since its founding in 2015, Swing Education has filled over 300,000 absences with 2,500+ school
partners, and recruited over 8,500 teachers. And they are just getting started.
Role and Responsibilities
Swing is looking for a VP of Growth Marketing to drive their next phase of rapid growth. He or She
will report into the COO and will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy, and overseeing
the execution of demand generation and funnel optimization, lifecycle marketing, and marketing
operations for both sides of the Swing marketplace.
● Lead and grow a diverse team of marketers, cultivating a data-driven mindset and culture of
experimentation and continuous improvement.
● Partner with the Leadership team on go-to-market strategies for entering new markets
● Establish strong internal relationships with Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Business
Operations to drive Swing’s short-term and long term business growth goals.
● Develops and leads execution of Swing’s growth marketing strategy–– focused on optimizing
existing channels, leading exploration of new channels, and conceptualizing and activating
campaigns to generate qualified leads and strengthen the sales pipeline.
● Works closely with Sales leadership on strategies and operational processes to accelerate
in-pipeline deals into signed customers
● Works closely with Revenue leadership to enable GTM for driving customer usage
● Leads brand direction and positioning, content marketing strategy, and product marketing
initiatives to support customer acquisition, activation, and usage.
Substitute Teacher Marketing
● Oversee Swing’s supply acquisition strategy maximizing qualified traffic and leads from paid
and organic channels with a lens on performance and sustainability
● Works closely with Product leadership to establish a supply side roadmap and goals, and
drive product launches
● 10+ years of B2B and B2C growth marketing experience, including experience with content,
community, events, acquisition and product marketing
● Edtech industry experience, ideally with an understanding of the K-12 marketing landscape
● Experience in an early stage, venture backed growth environment; track record of
successfully scaling to $50M+.
● History of building and successfully managing high performing, diverse marketing teams and
attracting top marketing talent across both director and individual contributor levels.
● Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans.
● A thorough grasp of the key metrics needed to drive the business.
● Demonstrated connection to lead generation program management and execution.
● Experience in growing and developing brands, managing brand positioning, and driving the
growth of technology-bases services or products in new markets.
● Dynamic and disciplined thinker with intellectual horsepower, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a
passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments.
● Collaborative leader and engaged team player with strong interpersonal capabilities.
● Inquisitive and creative in solving problems.
● Strong leader—hand on and action oriented leading from the front.
● Highly organized and disciplined in his/her approach to the role.
● Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character.
● Mission driven – inspired to make an impact on K12 education
● Service mindset: Obsessed with the customer & understands their needs/wants (both spoken
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org