Website Swing Education
Each day more than 250,000 teachers are absent, but schools are only able to fill 54 percent of those absences. The lack of a teacher has a huge impact on the quality of a student’s education, and on average a child spends almost an entire school year with a substitute teacher. This is a daily struggle for schools and districts across the country who are forced to attempt to solve their high stakes challenge with ineffective, outdated, and piecemeal solutions. This challenge represents a $18b market which quickly grows to $67B when adding other K12 services.
Enter Swing Education: the largest tech-enabled marketplace to help schools and qualified substitute teachers connect. Swing Education’s mission is to match every school with qualified talent and make student learning free of interruptions. They make it easy for school administrators to manage their teacher absences and tap into their network of qualified substitute teachers.
Opportunity for Impact
A YC company, Swing Education has raised $22M+ in total funding from top tier investors including Owl Ventures , GV and Social Capital. Since its founding in 2015, Swing Education has filled over 300,000 absences with 2,500+ school partners, and recruited over 8,500 teachers. And they are just getting started.
Role and Responsibilities
Swing is looking for a VP of Product to drive their next phase of rapid growth. Reporting to the CEO & Founder, Mike Teng , you will be responsible for the short term and long term product vision and strategy, develop a strong and mature product organization, and help grow the business that is aligned with Swing Education’s objectives.
This leader will be able to revolutionize the way schools find high-quality substitute teachers and will have a future impact on expanding into multiple billion dollar services of school expenditures. Swing Education has filled over 200,000 days of absences, saved administrators hours, and has helped with the quality and experience for students and staff.
● Experience defining and driving the product vision and strategy
● Synthesizing multiple inputs including analytics, competitive research, customer feedback, insight from cross-functional and PNE team members, and company strategy into a cohesive product vision
● Leading an effective quarterly planning process that clearly defines OKRs and identifies
● Builds strong relationships across teams, in particular with Engineering, Revenue, Marketing, Customer Experience to facilitate alignment and increased effectiveness of direct and indirect product work
● Able to inspire and motivate the company and get everyone moving in the same direction – empowers the org around the ecosystem
● Superior problem solving skills that quickly resolve conflicts or complications within Product, enabling smooth performance and reduced delays
● Defines and analyzes numerous product metrics and know when and how to apply each in order to influence the success of the product
● Anticipates and guides data analysis and research work to deepen understanding of
landscape and inform product decisions]
● Has created a clear system for working, capturing ideas, prioritizing features, & calculating ROI
● Expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and
product development process
● Effectively communicates, motivates, and inspires cross-functional teams with
professionalism and clarity – master of the written & spoken word to prevent
misunderstandings & wasted effort
● Strong leader – ability to be hands on and action oriented leading from front
● Collaborative champion – exhibits strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to install
meaningful partnership across technical and non-technical groups
● Embraces external resources – open to partnering with outside resources to advance Swing Education platform
● Mission driven – inspired to make an impact on K12 education
● Service mindset – obsessed with the customer & understands their needs/wants (both
spoken & unspoken)
● Empathy for the customer – thinks about how they’ll feel, not just their logic & rational thinking
● Intellectual curiosity – ability to digest, process, synthesize information with endless curiosity
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org