Website Western Digital
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
This is Western Digital’s full-time Product Rotation Program. This program offers recent MBA graduates the opportunity to experience a diverse set of product roles within the Flash Business (3 roles over 3 years) while also developing technical and leadership skills. The goal is to foster a community of future leaders in the company by giving highly talented MBAs ample opportunity to drive impactful work, expand their network and develop the skills that enable them to be successful. Members immediately join a close-nit cohort of MBAs that drive the direction of the program and have a lot of fun along the way with regular coffee chats, happy hours and offsite events.
This program is a fantastic opportunity to gain a breadth of experience working with innovative products that push the boundaries of technology. Roles in this program vary from Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Strategy, Outbound Marketing, and other related roles. Members work across all stages of the product lifecycle – from product introduction, to market assessment, to product development, to GTM strategies, to EOL strategies.
- Your day-to-day responsibilities will span across the product lifecycle and include close partnership with cross-functional teams like marketing, design, engineering, and quality.
- Analyze market intelligence to understand top-down market trends, capabilities, supply demand, and customer requirements to enable the business’ long term competitive success.
- Become the voice of the customer as you coordinate with regional sales teams, channel partners, and end-users to understand insights and trends by persona.
- Develop go-to-market strategies and drive product marketing activities for new product launches.
- Partner with engineering to establish new product features and solutions by analyzing next generation product requirements and competitive landscapes.
- Develop and present business cases for new technologies and opportunities to senior leadership.
- Utilize algorithms, market trends, competitive landscape and data-driven analysis to create pricing models for new and legacy products.
- University students who graduated or are graduating from May 2021 to May 2023 with an MBA degree
- Right to work in the US without requiring Western Digital to commence or sponsor an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create effective presentations for senior management
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization, time management and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and in large, cross-functional team settings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, market research and marketing program management
- Problem solving skills
- Ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, exhibits confidence in social environments, and has demonstrated ability to work well with others through clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- 3-5 years minimum corporate work experience a plus
- Undergrad degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Data Science or another STEM field)
- Demonstrated leadership experience within professional, academic or volunteer roles
- Prior work experience in semiconductor industry
- Prior work experience with a top consulting or investment banking firm
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Compensation & Benefits Details
- An employee’s pay position within the salary range may be based on several factors including but not limited to (1) relevant education; qualifications; certifications; and experience; (2) skills, ability, knowledge of the job; (3) performance, contribution and results; (4) geographic location; (5) shift; (6) internal and external equity; and (7) business and organizational needs.
- The salary range is what we believe to be the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado or remote jobs that can be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
- You will be eligible to participate in Western Digital’s Short-Term Incentive (STI) Plan, which provides incentive awards based on Company and individual performance. Depending on your role and your performance, you may be eligible to participate in our annual Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program, which consists of restricted stock units (RSUs) or cash equivalents, pursuant to the terms of the LTI plan. Please note that not all roles are eligible to participate in the LTI program, and not all roles are eligible for equity under the LTI plan. RSU awards are also available to eligible new hires, subject to Western Digital’s Standard Terms and Conditions for Restricted Stock Unit Awards.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid vacation time; paid sick leave; medical/dental/vision insurance; life, accident and disability insurance; tax-advantaged flexible spending and health savings accounts; employee assistance program; other voluntary benefit programs such as supplemental life and AD&D, legal plan, pet insurance, critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity; tuition reimbursement; transit; the Virgin Pulse Program; the Applause Program, employee stock purchase plan, and the Western Digital Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.