NATIONAL BLACK MBA ASSOCIATION, INC. SAN FRANCISCO CHAPTER
2021 SCHOLARSHIP INSTRUCTIONS
The National Black MBA Association provides more than half-million dollars annually in scholarships to undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students pursuing careers in business. The program’s mission is to identify and increase the pool of Black talent in business—public, private, and non-profit.
LEVEL AMOUNT ELIGIBILITY
Undergraduate See Eligibility Items A, D, E
Graduate (MBA)/Doctorate See Eligibility Items A, B or C, E
Sponsor See Eligibility Items A, B or C, E.
- Black/African-American students (US Citizens or green card holders).
- A current member if the NBMBAA at the time the application is submitted.
- Full-time or part-time student pursuing their DBA or PhD in business, management, organizational behavior or other business related field from an accredited doctorate program located in Central or Northern California, during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Full-time or part-time student pursuing their MBA during the 2021-2022 academic year at an accredited graduate business school located in Central or Northern California.
- Full-time or part-time undergraduate student during the 2021-2022 academic year in an accredited undergraduate School located in Central or Northern California majoring in a business related field.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on each of the areas outlined under Sections I, II, III, and IV. A minimum score of 85% out of 100% on the essay is required for scholarship consideration.
a. Student has not won more than two scholarships from the San Francisco Chapter.
b. Scholarship recipient must be able to attend the Scholarship Recipient Brunch held in November 2021 or the annual Scholarship Alumni event (TBD 2021).
Scholarship winners agree to participate in the annual Scholarship alumni event and at least 1 additional educational activity of the San Francisco NBMBAA during the year the funds are awarded (From November 2021 – October 2022).
- Scholarship winners will receive a two-year membership to the NBMBAA (membership fees are deducted from the scholarship award) unless winner is a current member of the NBMBAA.
- Phone interviews will be conducted, in the event of a tie.
Final selections will be based on the candidate’s essay, academic achievements, community and extracurricular activities.
PLEASE NOTE: SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS WILL BE RECOGNIZED AT THE ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP BRUNCH ON DATE (TBD). Must be present…
NOTE: APPLICATIONS WITHOUT AFFIDAVIT, PHOTO, RESUME, AND ESSAY, WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND WILL DISQUALIFY YOUR ENTRY.
DEADLINE: Submission no later than October 31, 2021, 11:59 PM PST.
Winners will be notified no later than November 15, 2021 and will receive their award after official verification of full time enrollment from their University for the 2021-2022 academic school year at the Scholarship Brunch held on Date (TBD) and submission of short video stating how the scholarship will support their education.